Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava
Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava. SAME GREAT RECIPE FROM 2012 JUST WITH NEW INFORMATION AND NEW PICTURES! This wonderful holiday treat is topped with a semi homemade crispy topping (store bought crescent rolls), filled with chopped nuts and topped with an incredible honey syrup. This melt in your mouth dessert is not a typical dessert your would find at a party! So…who says you have to make the ‘typical’ dessert? Make your favorite Christmas dessert like a pro—no one has to know you didn’t make your own dough.
What is Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava
How to make Semi Homemade Crescent Baklava
For the Crust and Filling:
- Unroll dough into a 1 x 13 inch baking dish (do not grease)
- Press over the bottom and ½ inch up the sides.
- Firmly press the seams together.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon—evenly spread over partially baked crust.
- Unroll remaining can of dough
- Lay on top of the nut mixture
- Press out to the edges of the pan.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, cut dough into desired shape (see below chart)
For the Honey Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the glaze evenly over the top of the dough
- Return (remember the bottom crust already is partially baked) the Baklava to the oven, bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon remaining glaze over hot baklava.
- Cool Completely
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Cut Baklava
- Square Cut: First, cut vertically into strips then horizontally
- Triangle Cut: First, cut vertically into strips, then horizontally and finally diagonally
- Diamond Cut: First, cut vertically into strips, then diagonally
NEVER MISS A POST
HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES
- MINI EGGNOG CHEESECAKES WITH A RUM CARAMEL DRIZZLE
- WHITE CHRISTMAS VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS EGGNOG TRUFFLES
- MERRY AND BRIGHT MARSHMALLOW FILLED CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
- GINGERBREAD WINTER WONDERLAND CAKE
- RASPBERRY ZINGER CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
- PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOW FILLED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- ITALIAN CREAM CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE PULL APART
- COCONUT PECAN CHRISTMAS CAKE
This is such a great idea! I love Baklava, but don’t care to make it because it’s time consuming. I can’t wait to try this for Christmas! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday: http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/12/mix-it-up-monday_9.html 🙂
This baklava recipe looks delicious and easy. I love baklava.
Oh, wow, love Baklava, but it always seems so difficult to make! This is super easy and looks great! Stopping by from Adventurez in Child’Rearing!
This looks SO good, girl! Thanks so much for sharing! I’ve featured it this week on the Mrs, so come on by & check it out when you have a chance!! 🙂
I LOVE this idea, girlie! Totally a genius way to make baklava without all the phyllo drama — those sheets annoy me, haha.
I totally agree. Phyllo is a pain. Just made this today excited to taste!
Can I use Splenda instead of regular sugar in the Baklava recipe?
Hi Jameish, I guess it’s worth a try. I’m not sure if Splenda will give you the gooey texture that sugar does. 🙂
I came across this dessert while searching the internet for a recipe to use 2 cans of crescent rolls that were taking up space in my fridge…WOW, delicious! This one’s a keeper.
Thanks….I’m glad you like the recipe.
I’m a little confused because instructions say to pour 1/2 of the glaze over the dough and RETURN to oven. It never said to cook the bars first, so…do you just make the bars & filling, then pour the glaze and bake?
Hi Sharon, At the very top of the recipe it states to bake 5 minutes that is what the “return” is referring to.
Thanks for sharing this clever spin on a gorgeous dessert…but did I miss the cooking temperature in the oven?
Thanks for catching that Laurie. The recipe has been updated to read 350°.
Can you freeze this?
Hi Jane, No, I wouldn’t freeze it. I would be afraid of the honey syrup liquefying and making the pastry/crust soggy during the defrost.
I just made this and it is super delicious! I did have alot of honey syrup left over and not sure why. So o my family just dipped Graham crackers in it lol. Turned out great following recipe exactly and good use for leftover rolls!
That’s awesome Kaytee!