Graham Cracker Cookies: The perfect crunchy cookie for eating alone, used as an outer layer of an ice cream sandwich or ground up as a crust.
This cookie has a light taste. Because I am not a fan of molasses, I made this cracker by using honey and brown sugar. This is one of the cookies I served at my Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwich Bar. Go visit to see what combos I used with this delicious easy to make crispy cracker/cookie.
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes and frozen
- 1/3 cup mild flavored honey, such as clover
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together using a mixer fitted with the paddle.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture is the consistency of a coarse meal.
- Whisk together the honey, milk and vanilla.
- Add to the flour mixture and mix on low until the dough barely comes together.
- Lay out on a large piece of plastic wrap and dust it lightly with flour, then turn the dough out onto it and pat it into a rectangle about 1-inch thick.
- Wrap it, then chill it until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- On a well floured surface roll dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- The dough will be sticky, so flour as necessary.
- Cut dough into 36 (2 1/2-inch) circles.
- Place the cracker on one or two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until browned and slight firm to the touch.