Soft Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies: Simply the best semi homemade cookies. A soft sugar cookie with a burst of fruit flavor. Perfect for your Spring celebration. Make these fun flavorful Easter Cookies into an egg shape and fill an Easter basket for a someone special.
How to Make Soft Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies
- INGREDIENTS (scroll down for printable recipe↓)
- white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) bag jelly beans
- sanding sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough with a 1 ounce ice cream scoop; roll into a ball and press three of the same flavor jelly beans into the dough.
- Roll back into a ball, roll the cookie dough ball in same colored sugar as the jelly beans inside the cookie dough. DO NOT PRESS DOWN
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until the bottom becomes lightly brown.
- Slide the cookie still on the parchment paper either onto a wire cooling rack or onto the counter to cool completely.
Easter Basket Fun
HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX COOKIES
There are days when I really crave something home-baked, but don’t feel like breaking out the measuring cups, and this easy cookie recipe is just the answer! You only need 3 ingredients, plus any add-ins you desire!
- Cake Mix: Vanilla cake mix is the most versatile
- Eggs: Use large eggs for this recipe
- Oil: I use vegetable oil in this recipe, however, any light colored oil will work such as Canola Oil or Corn Oil.
WHAT CAN I ADD INTO CAKE MIX COOKIES?
This is when you can get creative with toppings or add ins.
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chips
- Reece’s Pieces
- Chopped Candy Bars
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Dry Jello Powder
- Dried Fruit
WHAT FLAVOR OF CAKE MIX CAN YOU USE?
Here’s another place you can use your imagination. There are so many flavor combos. Below are only a few options. The list could go on and on.
- Spice Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Red Velvet
- ALSO….BROWNIE MIX