Soft Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies: Simply the best cookies. A soft sugar cookie with a burst of fruit flavor. Perfect for your Spring celebration.
To create these fun Spring Soft Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies I started with a cake mix. I know! A CAKE MIX! How easy is that? Who knew by using a cake mix you could re create those soft delicious holiday cookies from the bakery. You know the ones I’m talking about….soft and buttery with a creamy frosting. Yep, I thought you would know. Anyway back to the cookies….so as I was saying I started with a cake mix and a few other ingredients then I added jelly beans to the inside and rolled the cookie dough in sprinkling sugar. Not only did this make for beautiful cookies but ridiculously delicious too!
The secret ingredient was Brachs Orchard Fruit Jelly Beans. They are so fresh and yummy. I loved the flavors…cherry, grape, lemon, orange, strawberry and apple. I kept the jelly beans inside each cookie the same flavor. I think next time I’m going to do some pairing like strawberry and lemon for a strawberry lemonade flavor. These cookies are super fun and totally addictive.
FOR DETAILED PICTURES, WATCH THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW.
For the Cookies:
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Brachs Orchard Fruit Jelly Beans
- sanding sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough with a 1 ounce ice cream scoop; roll into a ball and press three of the same flavor jelly beans into the dough.
- Roll back into a ball, roll the cookie dough ball in same colored sugar as the jelly beans inside the cookie dough. DO NOT PRESS DOWN
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until the bottom becomes lightly brown.
- Slide the cookie still on the parchment paper either onto a wire cooling rack or onto the counter to cool completely.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES