Hummingbird Poke Cake | The perfect potluck cake! Full of pecan, pineapple and banana flavor. It is said that the reason this cake is called Hummingbird is because when your guests take their first bite you will hear a soft hummmm as a result of just how incredible this cake tastes.
This semi homemade cake is not on the sweet side with a layer of pecan cake, banana pudding and frozen whipped topping. I am confident this cake will become your go to recipe to take to family gatherings, potlucks and barbecues. You can also take one of my families favorites….FRESH BROCCOLI SALAD.
Poke holes in the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
Push filling into holes.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix I used Pillsbury PLUS ingredients on the box
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl; prepare cake mix according to the package directions; adding 1 cup pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly and bake 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes; use the end of a wooden spoon, poke 1/2-inch deep holes in cake at 1-inch intervals.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding and milk; let sit for 2 minutes and stir in pineapple.
- Pour evenly over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with chopped pecans before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
MORE POTLUCK RECIPES