Instant Pot Swiss Steak | This one pot wonder is not only my families number one favorite dish but it’s easy and perfect for a hearty meal. Serve it along side mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice or pasta! All options accompany this Instant Pot Swiss Steak beautifully.
If you’ve never cooked in a pressure cooker then you are in for the best surprise EVER! The instant pot not only cooks dishes fast but also tenderizes to perfection! Instead of cooking in a slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours this steak will be done and tenderized in 30 minutes!
The sauce for this recipe may sound easy but trust me when I say it is amazing! With only three ingredients (not counting the salt and pepper) you (including me) would never guess how much flavor can be had from this awesome combo! Don’t have an instant pot? Never fear my friend I also have a slow cooker version! Click here for the recipe—->>>>GRANDMAS SWISS STEAK RECIPE
Set Instant Pot to Sauté,
brown meat on all sides (only brown the meat, don’t cook until done).
Cover the meat in sauce.
Set Instant Pot to Meat/Stew.
JUICY AND TENDER TO PERFECTION!
Instant Pot Swiss Steak
For the Steak
- 2 pounds sirloin roast, sliced into 5 pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the Sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Season cut meat on both sides with salt and pepper; sprinkle flour on both sides and pat in.
- Turn pot to sauté; wait until the pot registers hot.
- Add oil and two pieces of meat (if you crowd the meat it will not brown); brown on both sides, remove from pot and place on a plate. Continue with the remaining pieces of meat.
- Once all the meat has be browned; return to the pot and pour sauce over the meat.
- Secure the lid.
- Reset pot to Meat/Stew or high pressure; set timer for 30 minutes with the pressure valve closed.
- Once timer goes off let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; twist valve for quick release to remove the remaining pressure.
- When all the pressure is released; transport meat to platter with sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Mix together the bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER