Have you ever had a Muffuletta Sandwich? It’s one of my favorite sandwiches! Full of meat, cheese, olives and roasted peppers just to name a few ingredients. Simply the best Summertime sandwich!
I normally use a large sourdough round. This time I chose a long version filled with meats and cheeses and an olive salad that has a real punch of flavor. This Muffuletta Sandwich is the PERFECT sandwich for game day or a picnic! Serve a room temperature.
If you love the flavors of Muffuletta like I do then you’ll also want to try my Muffuletta Dip.
For the Olive Salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 10 large green olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 sour dough bread round
- 4 ounces sliced deli ham
- 4 ounces Mortadella (Italian Bologna)
- 4 ounces salami, sliced
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces colby jack cheese, sliced
- lettuce or spinach
For the Olive Salad:
- Whisk the vinegar, garlic and oregano.
- Gradually blend oil.
- Stir in the olives, peppers, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
For the Sandwich:
- Cut top off of bread and hallow out the center.
- Spread 1/2 of the olive mixture.
- Layer the meats and cheeses. T
- op with lettuce or spinach.
- Spread remaining olive mixture, cover with bread top.
- Press down and wrap with plastic wrap tightly and let sit for at least a hour in refrigerator.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES