No Roll Pudding Mix Pie Dough | Ready to add some fun flavor to your pie? All you have to do is choose which pudding mix you would like to use. For this recipe I chose Cheesecake Pudding! I thought it would be a big hit with my Strawberry Glaze Pie and I was right! Before you go on I must let you know….this is just a recipe. Since the No Roll Pudding Mix Pie Dough can be used in many different types of pies or pastries the baking time will vary with each recipe.
This recipe makes enough dough for two pies! The filling choices are endless. How about a chocolate pie? Yes please! The addition of a pudding mix to a pie dough recipe only adds a hint of flavor which is perfect. Pie dough is there to compliment the pie not out shine the filling.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant pudding mix (I used cheesecake flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor; add the flour, pudding mix and salt.
- Pulse a couple of time to combine.
- Add the shortening and butter; pulse to break them up.
- In a slow stream add the cold water.
- Stop mixing when the dough comes together.