This Oriental Chicken Salad is better then the one you can get at Applebee’s. With big pieces of chicken, cabbage, green onion, sesame seeds and chow mein noodles. The star of this (like most Oriental salads) is the dressing. With a hint of sweetness, a little tartness from the apple cider vinegar and the delicious flavor of sesame oil. Stay home this weekend and make your own Oriental Chicken Salad! Scroll down for an easy swap out idea.↓
A trick for making flavorful chicken
EASY SWAP OUT
How to Make Oriental Chicken Salad
- In a jar add the sugar, salt, pepper, sesame oil, vegetable oil and apple cider vinegar: shake until combined and set aside.
- Add chicken to a medium saucepan, fill with enough cold water to cover the chicken. Boil until chicken is fully cooked.
- When cool enough to handle shred the chicken and place in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the chicken to marinade while the chicken cools and you get the rest of the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl add the coleslaw mix, green onion, sesame seeds and chow mein noodles; mix
- When chicken is ready spoon onto the salad along with the dressing, mix and serve.
Make Ahead and Storage Suggestions
- To Store. This salad is best enjoyed the day it is made, but you can store it in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Make Ahead. If you’re hoping to make this salad ahead for a party or easy lunches, you can individually prepare and store the ingredients. Prepare the chicken, dressing, and all the salad ingredients except for the chow mein noodles. Store the coleslaw and dressing in separate containers in the refrigerator, and store the chow mein noodles at room temperature. Combine and toss when ready to eat.