Baked Carrot Cake Donuts: Do you have a craving for something sweet and indulgent? Look no further than a fresh batch of homemade baked carrot cake donuts! These irresistible treats offer the perfect combination of warm spices, moist cake, and a sweet glaze that will have your taste buds singing. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this post will provide you with everything you need to know to create a delectable batch of this beloved easy donut recipe. From the perfect blend of ingredients to the baking process and a delicious glaze recipe, get ready to take your donut game to the next level.
How to Make Baked Carrot Cake Doughnuts
Easter classic carrot cake gets a makeover! Bring dessert to the breakfast table with these trendy fluffy baked carrot-cake donuts! Whether it’s for Easter Brunch, an on the go breakfast or a lunch box surprise you can’t go wrong with these fun Spring donut treats!
FACTS ABOUT THE INGREDIENT LIST
- EASY BAKED CARROT CAKE DONUTS (full printable recipe below)
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: Your favorite brand will do.
- BAKING POWDER AND BAKING SODA: The combination assists in the perfect rise.
- SALT: Without salt the donuts will taste flat.
- SPICES: To create the traditional carrot cake flavor.
- UNSALTED BUTTER: Flavor and moisture.
- BROWN SUGAR: Caramel sweetness.
- LARGE EGG: To help bind the ingredients.
- VANILLA: Sweet Flavor.
- SOUR CREAM: Creates a tender batter also for flavor. Buttermilk would work here too.
- CARROTS, RAISINS AND WALNUTS: Flavor, moisture and crunch.
BAKED CARROT CAKE DONUT INGREDIENT LIST-full printable recipe below in recipe card
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots or store bought pre-shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
CREAM CHEESE ICING INGREDIENT LIST
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
BAKED CARROT CAKE DONUT INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spray with nonstick spray TWO 6-cavity donut pans (if you don’t have two, just wait and let the pan cool completely before baking the second batch).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon , nutmeg and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and sour cream.
- Gradually add the flour mixture; mix in the carrots, raisins and walnuts just until combined.
- Fill each donut cavity HALF full with the donut batter, in prepared donut pans. TIP: TO MAKE FILLING THE DONUT PANS I PUT THE DONUT BATTER INTO A LARGE PIPING BAG, SNIP THE END AND FILL.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean and the donuts are golden brown.
- Cool baked donuts 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS
- In a small mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar; add the milk and beat until smooth.
- Dip cooled homemade donuts in the frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
The Donut Pan
No matter which donut pan you choose they all are easy to use and clean up. Unfortunately you will be missing the donut holes.
NONSTICK METAL DOUGHNUT PAN: Non-stick donut pan allows you to make full-sized donuts with ease. Its non-stick material allows for easy release of donuts, and it is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Enjoy delicious homemade donuts for your family or friends with this convenient, hassle-free donut pan.
SILICONE DONUT PAN: Non-stick – You simply have to place pan on a cookie sheet, fill ,and bake. They can keep their shape well. Cooled items pop out easily without cracking or breaking apart. DON’T USE NON STICK COOKING SPRAY.
INDIVIDUAL SILICONE DOUGHNUT CUPS: Non-stick – You simply have to place the cups on a cookie or baking sheet, fill and bake. No need for sticky cooking spray or messy wrappers -They can keep their shape well. Cooled items pop out easily without cracking or breaking apart. DON’T USE NON STICK COOKING SPRAY.
Delicious Homemade Donuts WITHOUT the Mess!
How to Store Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- As with just about any donut, they are best the day they are made.
- If you have leftover donuts, keep them are room temperature for a few days or refrigerate for 1 week.
- Store the carrot donuts in an airtight container, in a single layer to keep the glaze from sticking and so the glaze doesn’t get smashed.
MORE BAKED DONUT RECIPES
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER
NEWSLETTER: Receive (twice a month) seasonally themed newsletters full of recipes, tips and tricks. Sometimes even FREE gifts! Click here for the Newsletter→CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER
THANKS FOR VISITING♥