Baked Carrot Cake Donuts: An Easter classic gets a makeover! Bring dessert to the breakfast table with these trendy baked donuts! Whether it’s for Easter Brunch, an on the go breakfast or a lunch box surprise you can’t go wrong with these fun Spring donut treats!
How to Make Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- CARROT CAKE BAKED DONUT INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: Your favorite brand will do.
- BAKING POWDER AND BAKING SODA: The combination assists in the perfect rise.
- SALT: Without salt the donuts will taste flat.
- SPICES: To create the traditional carrot cake flavor.
- UNSALTED BUTTER: Flavor and moisture.
- BROWN SUGAR: Caramel sweetness.
- LARGE EGG: To help bind the ingredients.
- VANILLA: Sweet Flavor.
- SOUR CREAM: Creates a tender batter also for flavor. Buttermilk would work here too.
- CARROTS, RAISINS AND WALNUTS: Flavor, moisture and crunch.
How to Make The Cream Cheese Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar; add the milk and beat until smooth.
- Dip cooled donuts in the frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Delicious Homemade Donuts WITHOUT the Mess!
How to Store Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- As with just about any donut, they are best the day they are made.
- If you have leftovers, keep them are room temperature for a few days or refrigerate for 1 week.
- Store in a single layer to keep the glaze from sticking and so the glaze doesn’t get smashed.