Pumpkin Bread with Spicy Dark Chocolate Frosting | This addictive bread is like eating a delicious frosting pumpkin donut! Serve your guests pumpkin donuts for breakfast without the mess of deep frying! Yes, that’s right this pumpkin bread tastes just like a donut! I took my Classic Pumpkin Bread recipe and added a spicy dark chocolate frosting and boy am I happy I did.
Since my recipe for my Classic Pumpkin Bread makes TWO loaves I decided to add frosting to one and create two completely different breads from one recipe!
For the Pumpkin Bread:
- 1 recipe Pumpkin Bread
For the Spicy Dark Chocolate Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl beat the butter until soft and creamy.
- Add ONE cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, milk, cinnamon, espresso powder and vanilla until combined.
- Add the remaining ONE cup confectioners' sugar and beat until combined.
NOTE: If the frosting is not thin enough to spread add more milk ONLY 1 teaspoon at a time until the frosting reaches spreadable consistency.
MORE PUMPKIN FOR BREAKFAST RECIPES