Rainbow Cookies | The perfect cookie for St Patrick’s Day! Or how about a rainbow or primary color themed party? These cookies will be the hit of the day with tons of colorful sprinkles and yummy M&M’s.
Add my St. Patrick’s Day Money Bags to go along with these fun and festive Rainbow Cookies! To get the rainbow look all I did was take out all the brown colored M&M’s and as if that wasn’t enough I felt they needed a little something special….so I added the same color of sprinkles. But before I added all of that fun I started with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (medium) bag M&M's (take out the brown)
- 1 tablespoons each blue, red, green, yellow and orange sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt ,baking soda and baking powder.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stir to combine, Fold in chocolate.
- Using ice cream scoop place cookie mounds on prepared cookie sheets (6 to a pan).
- Leave the dough in mounds.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes.
- Carefully take cookies off cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
MORE OF MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES