Shortbread Vanilla Rum Cookie Butter | Make your own cookie butter, set an apple on top and give the best Teachers Gift! I love having peanut butter with sliced apple and now I have a new butter to serve! This not too sweet butter is perfect with apple slices. Add a swirl to your yogurt or ice cream.
Toss a few ingredients into the food processor and you have made a delicious homemade version of cookie butter. Show someone how special they are by adding this delicious butter to a gift basket.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 (10 ounce) package shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Add cookies to a food processor; process until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- In a medium saucepan add the milk, sugar and rum.
- Heat until milk is warm and the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in cookie crumbs and vanilla paste until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a container with a lid.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
MORE TEACHER’S GIFT IDEAS