Serve a light meal with pasta and cheese? What? YES YOU CAN! This Light Red Pepper and Beef Pasta is hearty and made with a different kind of red sauce. With ground beef, diced tomatoes, spices, fresh green beans, pasta and cheese! For a quick and easy weeknight dinner serve a big helping of Light Red Pepper and Beef Pasta! Scroll down to see what the key ingredient is to making a delicious sauce.
Everyday Pasta Sauce?
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef ( I used 93%)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14½ ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1½ cups cut fresh green beans
- 1½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place peppers in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, oregano, basil and salt until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions with the green beans.
- Cook until pasta and green beans are tender; drain.
- Stir in meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese; stir until melted.
MORE LIGHT DINNER SOLUTIONS
NEVER MISS A POST
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes and Etsy store updates in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click here and sign up today—->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER