Red Velvet Swirl Cheesecake | A delightful mixture of the timeless red velvet paired with a silky cheesecake. Simply the perfect Valentine’s Day Dessert!
With this cheesecake you get the best of both desserts. Red velvet chocolate swirls surrounded by a creamy decadent cheesecake. Serve this elegant cheesecake at a dinner party or make it for your someone special on Valentine’s Day or Anniversary!
Start with a traditional crust of graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
Add all but one cup of the cheesecake batter.
Drop dollops of the red velvet batter.
Use a knife and swirl batter around.
Bake and let cool completely before refrigerating.
Red Velvet Swirl Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 1inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 6 minutes.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until creamy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until combined.
- Stir in cream.
- Spoon 1 cup of batter into a medium bowl; pour remaining batter onto prepared crust.
- To the reserved batter gently stir in the cocoa and food coloring.
- Dollop chocolate mixture over the cheesecake; use a butter knife and swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour; turn off the oven, leave cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for an additional hour.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days before serving.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES