Semi Homemade Banana Split Mini Cakes. Looking for something new to serve at your birthday party? Change up the typical cupcake into a fun banana split mini cake baked in a sugar cone bowl. It’s a celebration in a bowl! Starting with a banana cake (a dressed up cake mix), topped with a thick delicious chocolate, marshmallow topping, sprinkles and a cherry on top. It’s the perfect way to end a great party!
Important step to making successful mini cakes
- Think your favorite flavor combos….
- Strawberry cake and the chocolate ganache topping (everyone loves chocolate dipped strawberries)
- Chocolate Cake with a Dulce de Leche and peanut topping (it’ll taste like you’re eating a candy bar)
- You could go all out and make a banana cake, strawberry cake and pineapple cake. Add spoonfuls of each flavored batter into each sugar cone bowl for a spectacular banana split cake!
- AS YOU CAN TELL THE OPTIONS WILL GO AS FAR AS YOUR IMAGINATION WILL LET YOU….on and on and on…..
HOW TO MAKE SEMI HOMEMADE BANANA SPLIT MINI CAKES
- waffle bowls
- French vanilla cake mix
- mashed bananas
- sour cream
- vegetable oil
- semi sweet chocolate
- heavy whipping cream
- marshmallow cream
- maraschino cherries
- WRAP EACH WAFFLE BOWL WITH FOIL.
- Mix together the cake mix bananas, sour cream, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Spoon batter into each prepared bowl (about ½ cup of batter each)
- Bake 30 minutes and let cool completely before removing foil.
- Heat cream in microwave until hot (about 1 minute), add chocolate and stir until creamy.
- Pour over the top of each mini cake.
- Let stand until chocolate is set (about 30 minutes).
- Heat marshmallow cream in the microwave 30 seconds on high, spoon on top of chocolate, garnish with sprinkles and a cherry.
MORE PARTY THEME DESSERT RECIPES
- BOMB POP ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES
- FIESTA CHURRO PARTY MIX
- CARAMEL APPLE PARTY CUPCAKES
- PEANUT BRITTLE MINI POPCORN NUGGETS
- TROPICAL PINEAPPLE COCONUT CUPCAKES
- 8 waffle bowls
- 1 (15.25 ounce) French vanilla cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 (4 ounce) semi sweet chocolate bars, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- Garnish: sprinkles, maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap outsides of waffle bowls with foil (this is a very important step, it will help retain the shape of the bowls).
- Place bowls on a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl beat together the cake mix, banana, sour cream, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Spoon batter into each prepared bowl ¾th full (about ½ cup of batter each)
- Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, remove foil.
- Pour cream into a medium microwave safe bowl, heat until hot (about 1 minute), add chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted and creamy.
- Spread hot melted chocolate on top of each cooled cake.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Spoon marshmallow cream into a medium microwave safe bowl, heat on high 30 seconds.
- Spoon on top of set chocolate, garnish with sprinkles and a cherry.