Semi Homemade Glazed Lemon Cake | Make this delicious cake for your next potluck, family gathering or party. This super simple Semi Homemade Glazed Lemon Cake may start with a couple of store bought items but the flavor is phenomenal and I PROMISE, your guests will never know or care that it started with a cake mix! For a very moist cake make sure to add the glaze right when the cake comes out of the oven. It will soak up all that delicious lemon flavor and add a lot of the moisture to the cake. Also, an important tip is to…..USE FRESH LEMONS! ♥
I have been making this cake for close to 20 years. No matter what event or celebration I take it to it’s always the first dessert to be gone. With the perfect balance of lemon flavor and just the right amount of sweetness from the glaze it’s everyone’s favorite.
THIS CAKE RECIPE IS VERY VERSATILE!
Transform this Semi Homemade Glazed Lemon Cake into mini bundt cake or cupcakes. Take a look at how I transformed this recipe into something special. Click here for the recipe—->>>>LEMON CLOUD CUPCAKES
TIPS FOR A TENDER MOIST CAKE
- Good ingredients equals great taste. To send your guests straight to cupcake heaven use only the best ingredients. Like real butter, real vanilla and dark dutch cocoa.
- Never over bake a cupcake. You can never save an over baked cupcake. You’re doing it right when your cupcakes look slightly sunken, rather than peaked. Test them with a toothpick if you’re unsure–if no batter clings to the pick, they’re done.
- Mix batter with a light hand. Baking fluffy, moist cupcakes is all about creating air bubbles in your batter that expand in the oven. If you over mix your batter, you collapse those bubbles. To avoid this mix on a low speed, stopping just as all ingredients blend.
- Let all ingredients come to room temperature before baking. All ingredients incorporate into batter mush more easily if they’re at similar temperatures.
- Baking in advance? Freeze cupcakes. If you’re baking to eat right away, we recommend storing cupcakes at room temperature. But if they’re for tomorrow, freezing will retain their moisture much better than leaving them on a counter overnight.
MORE SEMI HOMEMADE CAKE RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes and Etsy store updates in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click here and sign up today—->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER