Semi Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes: These wonderful semi homemade cupcakes are just what you need for your summer celebrations! With a light and fluffy lemon cake, the perfect lemon glaze and an amazing homemade strawberry butter frosting. These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes will be the hit of the party. Plus….no one will know it all started with a cake mix!
Add a Punch of Flavor and Crunch!
Tips for a Tender Moist Cake or Cupcakes
- Good ingredients equals great taste. To send your guests straight to cupcake heaven use only the best ingredients. Like real butter, real vanilla and dark dutch cocoa.
- Never over bake a cupcake. You can never save an over baked cupcake. You’re doing it right when your cupcakes look slightly sunken, rather than peaked. Test them with a toothpick if you’re unsure–if no batter clings to the pick, they’re done.
- Mix batter with a light hand. Baking fluffy, moist cupcakes is all about creating air bubbles in your batter that expand in the oven. If you over mix your batter, you collapse those bubbles. To avoid this mix on a low speed, stopping just as all ingredients blend.
- Let all ingredients come to room temperature before baking. All ingredients incorporate into batter mush more easily if they’re at similar temperatures.
- Baking in advance? Freeze cupcakes. If you’re baking to eat right away, we recommend storing cupcakes at room temperature. But if they’re for tomorrow, freezing will retain their moisture much better than leaving them on a counter overnight.
Easy to Make Strawberry Butter Frosting
HOW TO STORE FROSTING
TIPS FOR A LIGHT AND FLUFFY FROSTING
- Good ingredients “real” butter not margarine
- Room temperature ingredients
- Be patient…you’ll need to whip the frosting at least 3 to 5 minutes (sometimes I do this step twice). This will allow air to incorporate into the butter and create the lightness you want.
- That’s it! It’s really not as hard as you might think.