Strawberry Marshmallow Cake Roll: Entertaining can be stressful. That’s why this Marshmallow Cake Roll is perfect! This stress free dessert can be made in advance and frozen until ready to serve. This creamy strawberry filling is wrapped with a wonderful light sponge cake. One look at this cake and you may think it’s too hard. Rest assured…..it may look hard but my easy to follow steps will guide to success! Scroll down and watch my “HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL” video to see how easy it really is!
How to Make a Strawberry Marshmallow Cake Roll
Can this Strawberry Mallow Cake Roll Be Frozen?
How to Freeze a Cake Roll
- wrap rolled cake in a piece of plastic wrap (I prefer Press & Seal)
- wrap a layer of foil on top of the plastic wrap around the cake roll
- label and freeze
How to Defrost a Cake Roll
When ready to thaw: Transfer the wrapped cake from the freezer to the refrigerator one day before serving. Leave it wrapped (I prefer Press & Seal + foil. The cakes take at least 8 hours to thaw completely in the refrigerator.
How to Make a Cake Roll
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl; beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold a fourth of egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
How to Assemble a Cake Roll
- Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Roll towel and cake into a spiral, start from a short side of the cake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake; remove towel;
- Spread Marshmallow Cream Filling to within ½-inch of the edges.
- Add fresh strawberries
- Roll up cake; cover with a layer of plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze until ready to serve or served immediately.