Celebrate Memorial Day or 4th of July with these delicious Berry Cheesecake Muffins. I like to call them Red, White and Blue Muffins. With a wonderful berry cheesecake filling.
The colors of Summer! Red, White and Blue! I love this muffin because, one bite can taste like a blueberry muffin and the next can taste like a raspberry muffin. The perfect muffin for a Saturday breakfast or brunch.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin tin with 15 cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fill paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Fold in the berries.
For the Topping:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.