Praline Caramel Apple Pudding Dessert | A dessert that is clearly for the caramel lover. With a layer of praline candy, caramel drizzle, toffee bits, butterscotch pudding and fresh apples.
You can get fresh apples anytime of year which makes this the perfect dessert for anytime of the year! Just so you know….the praline candy layer does melt a bit from the moisture of the refrigerator. The taste is still outstanding but you will need to absorb some of the syrup. I used a paper towel. This only happened to me AFTER being sliced or scooped out. I think next time I’m going to make this as a trifle.
Praline Caramel Apple Pudding Dessert
For the Crust:
- In a small bowl mix together the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish; press onto the bottom.
For the Praline Coating:
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, pecans, butter, whipping cream and salt to a boil; cook, stirring constantly for 4 minutes.
- Immediately pour over crust and press in ALL the chopped apples.
for the Cream Cheese Layer:
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping; spread over apples.
- Place in refrigerator while making the pudding layer.
For the Pudding Layer:
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minute or until soft set.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
For the Top Layer:
- Spread on the whipped topping; sprinkle on toffee bits and drizzle on caramel topping.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
MORE APPLE DESSERT RECIPES
1. SLOW COOKER BAKED APPLE DESSERT 2. EASY BISCUIT APPLE PULL APART 3. CARAMEL APPLE PIE CUPCAKES