Light Red Pepper and Beef Pasta | A hearty meal with a different kind of red sauce using roasted red peppers and chopped tomatoes together.
Can a pasta dish really be a low calorie dish? Yes, it can! This delicious meal comes in at around 362 calories per 1 2/3 cups serving and that includes the pasta and cheese! Hurray for us! That’s a hefty serving. Add a salad and you’re got yourself a satisfying meal. Now you CAN satisfy that pasta craving and still stay on track.
I love the twist on the everyday red sauce. I love just about anything with roasted red peppers so adding them to make a red sauce made total sense to me. I hope you enjoy it too!
Light Red Pepper and Beef Pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place peppers in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the pepper puree, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cook until pasta and green beans are tender; drain.
- Return to the pan; stir in meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese; stir until melted.
MORE LIGHT DINNER SOLUTIONS
LIGHT CREAMED VEGETARIAN POTATO SOUP 2. MUSHROOM MEATLOAF 3. LIGHT BEEF BOURGUIGNON STEW