Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Quick Bread: This easy to make breakfast bread has swirls of cinnamon and sugar on the top and inside that creates a delicious crunchy layer. Topped with a wonderful cream cheese drizzle. It’s time to create the perfect morning treat that starts with a yellow cake mix!
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Quick Bread
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- YELLOW CAKE MIX: Not only offers flavor but already has the ingredients needed to help with the rising of the bread.
- GROUND CINNMAON: Adds another layer of flavor.
- VEGETABLE OIL: Add moistness to the cake.
- SOUR CREAM: Adds thickness to the batter.
- LARGE EGGS: Helps with a good structure.
- No special tools for this recipe.
- Simply add everything to a mixing bowl, mix until combined and pour into prepared pan.
- Add half the batter to prepared pan, sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining batter and remaining cinnamon sugar mixture, swirl with a knife and bake.
How to Transform this Recipe from Bread into Muffins
How to Freeze Quick Bread
Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Quick Bread Additions
- RAISINS: Add a pop of sweetness with raisins
- NUTS: Along with the crunch of the cinnamon sugar layer, add another layer of flavor and crunch with nuts.
- BASIC DRIZZLE: If you are planning on packaging up this bread I recommend using a simple powdered sugar drizzle. It will harden unlike the cream cheese drizzle.
- STREUSEL: Before baking…add streusel (recipe below). Add the drizzle after the bread has cooled.
How to Make Streusel
- INGREDIENTS (printable recipe below)¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Whisk the flour, sugar and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter, your hands or two forks. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- TO USE: Once the batter is in the pan, top evenly with streusel, pressing the streusel down gently into the top of the bread so it sticks.