I call them Creamer Mini Muffins because I used coffee creamer for the vanilla flavor and sour cream for moisture. Adding coffee creamer to your muffin batter really adds to the fluffy texture of the muffin.
I love that there is not only a crumb topping but also crumb topping in the middle of the muffin.
Creamer Mini Muffins
Serve these wonderful little muffins at a brunch.
For the Crumble
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
For the Muffins
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 15 mini muffin liners.
For the Crumble:
- In a medium bowl combine the sugars,cinnamon and flour, cut in the butter until a crumb is formed.
- Set aside.
For the Mini Creamer Muffins:
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, sour cream and creamer.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter mixture to the flour mixture; stir until just combined.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup; add 1/2 tablespoon of crumb mixture; top with another 1/2 tablespoon of batter and another 1/2 tablespoon of crumb mixture.
NOTE: This batter is VERY thick. Dip your fingertips in water to help spread the batter over the crumb mixture.
- Bake 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups 10 minutes; finish cooling on a wire rack.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain