This Ham and Cheese Slab Pie can serve as an appetizer at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or Mother’s Day. OR…feed your hungry game watchers. Using ready made puff pastry really makes this Ham and Cheese Slab Pie easy to make and delicious!
Add this to your Easter Brunch menu along with Blushberry Tea Oatmeal Muffins and Green Chili Breakfast Casserole. This can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and baked right before or as your guests are arriving.
Ham and Cheese Slab Pie
- 3 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 3 ounces thinly sliced black forest ham
- 3 green onions, sliced (use green only)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese or Gruyere
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the cream cheese and mustard.
- On a lightly floured surface roll puff pastry sheet into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Transfer sheet to the prepared baking sheet; spread the cream cheese mixture lengthwise on half of the rectangle, leaving 1/2-inch border around outside edges.
- Add individual layers of ham, onion, and cheese over cream cheese layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border around outside edges.
- Whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush some of the egg mixture on the uncovered edges of the pastry.
- Fold uncovered portion of the pastry rectangle up and over filling.
- Use a fork to seal edges together.
- Brush tops with egg mixture.
- Cut decorative slits in top of pastry for steam to escape.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden on the top and bottom.
- Slide pie and parchment paper onto wire rack; cool slightly
MORE BRUNCH RECIPES