KICK UP YOUR BOOTS! IT’S PARTY TIME!
This is not your typical popper. These jalapeno popper pops are full of creamy cream cheese, jalapenos and yummy bacon! All encased in a pie crust and baked NOT fried! These make the best appetizers for game day, a backyard barbecue or how about a western themed party.
For detailed pictures watch the slide show below.
Jalapeno Popper Pops
The perfect appetizer for a barbecue.
- Pillsbury pre made pie crust dough (1 sheet)
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2-3/4 to 3-inch biscuit cutter
- 10- lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, jalapenos, jalapeno juice and bacon until creamy.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pie crust to a 13-inch circle.
- Using a 2-3/4-inch to 3-inch circle biscuit cutter cut out as many circles as you can ( I got 8).
- Roll the remaining dough again to get the final 4 circles.
- Place 6 circles on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place lollipop stick in the center of the circle with the tip in the middle.
- Mix together the egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Continue with the rest of the dough.
- In the center of each circle place 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Using your finger dab the egg wash around the outside of the circle.
- TIP: I also put the egg wash on the lollipop stick.
- Place another circle on top and press closed.
- Using another lollipop stick press down the edges.
- With a pastry brush. Brush on the egg wash, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut air vents.
- Bake 23 minutes.
This is a LBC original!