You know it’s Fiesta Time when you bring out the salsa!
Roasting your vegetables first, adds a light smokey taste to this Roasted Salsa. Wonderful on burritos, tacos or served with chips.
- 3 tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered and cored
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 fresh jalapeno, stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a cookie sheet with sides with foil.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapeno.
- Drizzle enough oil over the vegetables to coat.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 8 minutes.
- Turn vegetables.
- Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until edges of vegetables begin to darken.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables and their juices to a food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients is coarsely chopped.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Pulse until salsa is desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain