Shrimp Boil Burgers: A tender burger made with succulent shrimp boiled in beer, ground up and added to your favorite shrimp boil ingredients.
Bring your favorite burger out of the restaurant and onto your table. This delicious tender burger is almost like a crab cake but with shrimp. Perfect for those guests that don’t like beef. Make it a “beach theme” night! Visit my Country Shrimp Boil Party for some fun beach party ideas.
Boil the shrimp in beer (you can also use water)!
Add the cooked shrimp to a food processor and pulse until ground (If you don’t have a food processor you can finely chop the shrimp). Add the remaining ingredients, form into patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
YOU CAN ALSO BAKE AT 400 DEGREES ON A COOKIE SHEET LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER FOR 40 MINUTES.
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, devein and shell removed
- 1 (12 ounce) beer or water
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped greens only
- 3/4 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- zest from one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- tarter sauce
- Add cleaned shrimp and beer to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil; cook until shrimp turns pink (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from boiling liquid and cool in refrigerator. NOTE: This step can be done hours in advance.
- Add cold shrimp to a food processor; process until shrimp is ground up. NOTE: Finely chop the shrimp if you don't have a food processor.
- Dump ground shrimp into a medium bowl; add the old bay, onion, corn, parsley lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, bread crumbs and egg.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Form into 4 (5 ounce) patties.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before frying.
- Add the oil and butter to a large skillet; heat on medium heat.
- Place TWO patties in the hot oil/butter; cook until brown.
- Toast the tops and bottoms of the buns.
- Add the lettuce and tomato to the bottom side and the tarter sauce to the top side of the bun.
- Place the patty on the bottom side.