Semi Homemade Mini Strawberry Shortcake. Delicious little treats made with store bought pound cake, amaretto soaked strawberries and sweet amaretto whipped cream, all packed in a cute push up pop. The perfect entertaining dessert for your Easter dinner.
What is Amaretto?
Amaretto is a sweet Italian liqueur with an almond flavor
Why I love this Semi Homemade Mini Strawberry Shortcake Recipe.
- First and foremost, the flavor. I love the hint of almond flavor the amaretto lends to this dessert.
- A hostesses dream dessert: The recipe starts with a store bought cake, can be made in advance, is versatile (meaning made into a mini or a full size dessert, see below).
How to Make a Larger Version of this Semi Homemade Mini Strawberry Shortcake
- Cut thawed pound cake lengthwise into thirds (see diagram below)
- Using a 2½ inch round cutter, cut cake into 12 rounds
- On a serving platter, place 1 pound cake round
- Layer with strawberries and whipped cream
- Repeat layers once more
- Garnish with toasted almonds
How to make Mini Strawberry Shortcake Push Up Pops
- Place the pound cake on a cutting board, top facing up (see picture below), slice into thirds and then slice each piece in half for a total of 6 pieces.
- Lay each piece on its side, use a 1¾ inch round cookie cutter to make cake rounds.
- Drop a piece of pound cake into the bottom of 10 push up pops.
- Add a few strawberries.
- Add a small amount of whipped cream
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with toasted almonds.
More Strawberry Shortcake Recipes
NEVER MISS A POST
MORE IDEAS USING PUSH UP POPS
- APPLE PIE SHAKES
- PATRIOTIC WHITE CHOCOLATE PUDDING POPS
- NEAPOLITAN PARFAITS
- HALLOWEEN PARTY DESSERT CENTERPIECE
- TROPICAL SUNSET FUDGE
- MONSTER PARTY HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES
- HOT CHOCOLATE BAR
FOR MORE IDEAS/RECIPES USING PUSH UP POPS CLICK HERE→PUSH UP POPS