Once you have The Best and Easiest Salsa you’ll never have to buy store bought bottled salsa again! This easy to make salsa offers just the right amount of heat. I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy foods and if I can handle it I would put this salsa at a mild level.
I made this salsa for my FIESTA PARTY. This recipe yields 8 cups so I was able to split the recipe and create different levels of heat just by adding a jalapeno WITH the seeds I made a HOT salsa. TIP: Put your chips into a large crock pot to keep warm during your party.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS TO YOUR FIESTA, CINCO DE MAYO OR MEXICAN FOOD BOARDS
The Best and Easiest Salsa
- 1 - 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 - 10 ounce Rotel tomatoes or tomatoes with green chilies (regular)
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped (remove seeds for medium heat)
- 2 cloves smashed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- (optional) for hot salsa 1 extra jalapeno with the seeds
- In food processor or blender, pulse tomatoes and juice.
- Take half out and pour into large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until the salsa reaches the desired texture.
- Pour into the large bowl and mix all together.
For the Hot Salsa:
- Split the mixture in half, put back into the food processor and drop in another jalapeno with seeds.
- Process until finely chopped.