Once you make the best and easiest salsa you’ll never have to buy store bought bottled salsa again! This easy to make salsa offers just the right amount of heat. This recipe yields 8 cups so you can split the recipe in half and have medium heat salsa then by adding one whole jalapeno with the seeds to take the medium salsa to HOT! Perfect for a Fiesta. TIP: Put your chips into a large crock pot to keep warm during your party.
The Best and Easiest Salsa
- 1 - 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 - 10 ounce Rotel tomatoes or tomatoes with green chilies (regular)
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped (remove seeds for medium heat)
- 2 cloves smashed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- (optional) for hot salsa 1 extra jalapeno with the seeds
- In food processor or blender, pulse tomatoes and juice.
- Take half out and pour into large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until the salsa reaches the desired texture.
- Pour into the large bowl and mix all together.
For the Hot Salsa:
- Split the mixture in half, put back into the food processor and drop in another jalapeno with seeds.
- Process until finely chopped.