This apple mustard marinade is an easy way to add extra flavor to meat. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
Apple Mustard Marinade
Very juicy chicken!
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- black pepper to taste
For the Chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts cut in half
For the Marinade:
- In a small jar, shake to combine all the marinade ingredients.
For the Chicken:
- Skin chicken and cut in half.
- Place in a zip top bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Let the chicken marinade for 4 hours.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place a rack on top.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes covered.
- Place chicken on prepared baking pan and into the oven.
- Baste chicken after 20 minutes, again at 30 minutes and again before the chicken is done.
- Bake chicken a total of 40 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from BHG Eat Well Lose Weight 2013 magazine.