Bakery Spring Cookies
Bakery Spring Cookies: We’ve all seen them. They pop up for every holiday. Bakery cookies with colored frosting to match whatever holiday they’re made to represent. Now you can make your own and they’re SEMI HOMEMADE! That’s right these soft chewy cookies are made with a cake mix. The perfect Easter treat.
How to make Bakery Spring Cookies
- INGREDIENTS (cookie dough)
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons sprinkles
- INGREDIENTS (frosting)
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- gel food coloring (assorted colors to match sprinkles)
- sugar toppers
- DIRECTIONS (cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Add sprinkles.
- Using 1 ounce cookie scoop, place cookies on prepared pans.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until the bottom becomes lightly brown.
- Slide the cookie still on the parchment paper either onto a wire cooling rack or onto the counter to cool completely.
- DIRECTIONS (frosting)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, combine.
- Add the sugar 1 cup at a time making sure the sugar is completely combined.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Divide into 4 bowls, add food color to each bowl.
- Mix well until all white is gone.
- Using an off set spatula spread about 1 tablespoon onto each cookie.
Bakery White Frosting—why this frosting?
Not just for the Easter Dessert Table
- PARTY FAVORS: Why hand out party favors? 1. It’s a great way of saying “Thank You” for coming to my party. 2. A party favor serves as a reminder to your guest of the great time they had.
- EASTER BASKET: Replace some of the store bought goodies with homemade goodies.
- BAKE SALE: Use different cake mixes to create an assortment of flavors….perfect for a bake sale.
Easy to make delicious and yummy. Welldone