Easter Marshmallow Pops: Fun colorful pops that taste just like Easter Marshmallow Peeps! Scroll down to see how easy it is to make your own custom peeps. All you need are candy melts, (your choice of color) colored sugar, for an extra touch of cuteness cupcake toppers and lollipop sticks. The perfect Easter treat!
Versatile Easter Treats
How far ahead can I make these marshmallow pops?
IMPORTANT TIP BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
HOW TO MAKE EASTER MARSHMALLOW POPS
- INGREDIENTS (scroll down for free printable recipe)
- 30 large (regular) size marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) bag candy melts
- sugar sprinkles
- 10 lollipop stick
- (OPTIONAL) Easter cupcake picks
- NOTE: IF MULTIPLE COLORS ARE BEING USED, EQUALLY DIVIDE EACH COLOR TO TOTAL 12 OUNCES. EXAMPLE: 4 COLOR=4 OUNCES EACH
- Fill a container with rice ( this will serve as a place to put your finished marshmallow pops until the melted candy hardens.
- Pour candy melts into individual microwave safe bowls.
- Heat 1 minute and stir. If candy is not melted and creamy, heat for an additional 30 seconds at 60%.
- Poke a lollipop stick into the bottom of each marshmallow, making sure you don’t pierce the top.
- Use a spoon to pour melted candy over marshmallow making sure to cover the entire marshmallow including a tiny bit down the lollipop stick. This will insure that the marshmallow will be sturdy and stay fresh.
- Shake off any excess, immediately add sprinkles.
- Place in prepared container to harden.
- TIP: To speed up the process, place the finished marshmallow pop container (with pops) in the refrigerator.