Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Cake: The perfect easy summer dessert recipe that can be made days in advance. This delicious birthday ice cream cake has chocolate chip mint ice cream sandwiched between two layers of dark chocolate cake and hot fudge. Topped with homemade cream cheese frosting. What more could you want in a refreshing summer dessert?
How to Make Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Cake
The amazing thing about this ice cream cake (other then it’s delicious) is…. IT’S SEMI HOMEMADE!
- Make and bake a Devil’s Food Cake as directed in 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Cool completely, transfer one layer to a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour hot fudge over the top of the bottom layer.
- Add all the soft chocolate chip mint ice cream.
- Add the remaining hot fudge to the top of the ice cream.
- Top with the second cake round.
- Freeze, uncovered 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Remove side of springform pan, transfer cake to a serving plate.
- Spread top and sides of cake with frosting (if desired, reserve some to pipe decorative edge)
- Freeze uncovered 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Using a fine grater, add chocolate shavings to the center of the frosted cake.
- Pipe on decorative topping and add optional mint chocolate bars.
More Ice Cream Cake Recipes
What is in Ice Cream Cake Frosting?
How to Soften Ice Cream for a Cake
How to Add Fine Chocolate Shavings to the Top of a Cake
- Use a hard chocolate bar or partially frozen.
- Use a microplane or fine grater.
- OR….USE CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES!
Freeze Your Cake Before Frosting
How to Transport an Ice Cream Cake
- Use a cooler
- Use dry ice to keep ice cream frozen
- Wrap in foil
- Add salt to surrounding ice
- Vacuum insulated container
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ICE CREAM TO MELT IN A CAKE?
MAKE IT MINE ICE CREAM CAKE
|Chocolate||strawberry, cherry, mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, chocolate (ice cream)||fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, hot fudge, pretzels, cookie crumbs, sprinkles, candy||strawberry, cream cheese, chocolate, vanilla||fresh strawberries, chocolate bar pieces, cookies, sprinkles||caramel syrup, chocolate sauce|
|Strawberry||lemon sherbet, neapolitan, vanilla, strawberry (ice cream)||fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, sprinkles, lemon curd||lemon, cream cheese, vanilla||fresh strawberries, candied lemon slices, sprinkles||strawberry syrup|
|Lemon||strawberry, blueberry, vanilla (ice cream)||strawberry jam, fresh berries, blueberry jam, sprinkles||strawberry, blueberry, vanilla, cream cheese||fresh berries, sprinkles||strawberry jam(heated to thin), lemon curd (heated to thin)|
|Yellow||chocolate, funfetti, candy bar, cookie dough, strawberry, neapolitan (ice cream) pineapple (sherbet)||crushed candy bars, M&M’s, sprinkles, crushed cookies, hot fudge, nuts||chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cream cheese||candy bar pieces, cookies, sprinkles||chocolate syrup, caramel syrup|
|White/Funfetti||funfetti, cotton candy, neapolitan, strawberry, bubble gum, chocolate (ice cream)||crushed cookies, chocolate chips, sprinkles, cereal||chocolate, vanilla, cream cheese, strawberry||gum balls, candy bars, M&M’s, sprinkles, cotton candy||caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce|
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER ICE CREAM CAKE
Put leftovers away as soon as possible and store in an airtight container, such as a plastic freezer container with a tight fitting lid. Stays good up to a month in the freezer.
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥