Decadent Chocolate Cobbler | A rich, gooey chocolate dream. Calling all chocoholics → this is the dessert for you!
This is not your typical cobbler in where it doesn’t actually have a crust but instead chocolate cake (brownie) with a gooey chocolate layer hidden underneath. Set the mood right on date night by serving this Chocolate Cobbler. Serve a scoop of vanilla ice cream to cut through some of the decadent chocolate. Have you ever seen a dessert recipe that calls for you to pour boiling water on top? Hahaha……look at the recipe to see how I use boiling water to create this delicious dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together in a medium bowl 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Transfer batter into a 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Use and off set spatula and smooth out to the edges.
- In another bowl stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa.
- Sprinkle cocoa mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water evenly over top. DO NOT STIR
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center of cobbler is almost set.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
TIP:When serving make sure to scoop all the way down to the bottom of the pan to make sure you get the chocolate sauce.
MORE COBBLER RECIPES