Cranberry Bliss Cupcakes | Everything you love about Cranberry Bliss Bars in a cupcake! Chunks of white chocolate, cranberries, pieces of crystallized ginger all topped with a to die for white chocolate frosting. Plus, who can resist a Christmas tree on top of a cupcake? NOT ME!
These semi homemade cupcakes are the perfect treat for us bakers with busy schedules. There is so much yumminess going on your guests will never know you started with a cake mix! I was super excited when I found the cute multi colored ball sprinkles at Walmart along with the stars!
LOVE CRYSTALLIZED GINGER!
Cranberry Bliss Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds removed or 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
For the White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Optional: White sprinkles, round colorful sprinkles, star and green gel food coloring.
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 16 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter in a medium mixing bowl; add the sugar, egg, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour baking powder and salt.
- Combine the vanilla and whipping cream.
- Alternate between the flour and vanilla mixtures into the butter mixture just until combined (*batter will be thick*).
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, ginger and cranberries.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin (*I used an ice cream scoop*).
TIP: I moistened my finger tips and pressed the batter to even it out.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the White Chocolate Frosting:
- Place butter in a medium mixing bowl; add the whipping cream to a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat just until steamy hot but not boiling; add chopped white chocolate and let it stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth; let it cool 15 minutes.
- Add chocolate to butter; beat on medium until combined.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Spread a thin layer of the white frosting on top of each cooled cupcake; add white sprinkles.
For the Christmas Tree:
- Tint remaining frosting green (*I used leaf green*).
- Add green frosting into a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip.
- Start in the center and move directly to the outside edge and work your way up in a spiral motion and release.
- Decorate with multi colored ball sprinkles and add a star on top.
MORE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE RECIPES