Eggnog Muffins | A favorite seasonal drink is now a muffin! These eggnog muffins are a generous size can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months. Do you hate only having eggnog during the holiday season? Make these muffins now and enjoy the flavors of eggnog months later, make them ahead of time for Christmas morning. TIP: DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN FREEZE EGGNOG? Just make sure you leave enough room in your container for expansion and you’re set.
If you eggnog is your flavor of choice you might also like to try my Rum Caramel Drizzled Eggnog Cheesecake, Brown Butter Cookies with an Eggnog Fudge Center or my Eggnog Quick Bread! Just to name a few….if you would like more eggnog recipes search eggnog.
For the Muffin:
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
For the Streusel:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Muffin:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper bake cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a bowl combine eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle with Nutmeg-Streusel Topping over muffins.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- For the Streusel:
- In a small bowl stir together flour, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Using your fingers mix in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER