These Neapolitan Parfaits have all the classic neapolitan flavors you love but with yogurt. I made these for my church’s Easter brunch. I have been organizing and making the food for the brunch since 2007. Every year I try to bring something new to the table. This year I decided to make these Neapolitan Parfaits. I am so glad I did. These also make a great mid afternoon or after school snack.
These parfaits are so much fun to look at and even better to eat. The first issue I had to address was chocolate yogurt. It may be out there but I’ve never seen it. The solution? I added chocolate syrup and unsweetened cocoa to plain yogurt and got a rich creamy chocolate yogurt. I had no problem finding strawberry and vanilla flavored yogurts. The good news? Now you can have your favorite ice cream flavors for breakfast!
- 1 (32 ounce) plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 (32 ounce) vanilla yogurt
- 1 (32 ounce) strawberry yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups granola
To Make the Chocolate Yogurt:
- In a medium bowl mix together the plain yogurt, cocoa and chocolate syrup until completely combined.
- Add a layer of each yogurt flavor to a 4 ounce container in this order: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
- Top with 1 tablespoon granola.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
MORE PARFAIT RECIPES