Halloween Party Decorated Pretzels: The perfect combination of sweet and salty! Place these Halloween pretzel sticks on your dessert table, give as a delicious party favor or put down the center of your table as an easy centerpiece. All you need are pretzel rods, candy melts and sprinkles (colors to fit your celebration) and you’ve got yourself a delicious easy to make Halloween party treat! I’LL LET YOU IN ON A SECRET…ADULTS LOVE THESE TREATS AS MUCH AS KIDS! ♥
How Early Can I Decorate the Pretzels?
The Versatility of Halloween Party Decorated Pretzels
- First I’ll add the obvious and that is to simply put them in a jar and place them on the dessert table.
- Use a serrated knife and cut off the pretzel rods, decorate pretzels and place them around the outside of a frosted layered cake. BAM!
- Hand out as party favors. You can purchase cellophane bags made specifically for pretzels. Add a thank you tag and you’re set!
- Create a centerpiece! Fill containers (like jars or buckets) with the decorated pretzels and line them down the center of a table. Perfect for a kids Halloween party!
WATCH MY VIDEO FOR A MORE DETAILED LOOK AT HOW TO DECORATE PRETZELS.
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN PARTY DECORATED PRETZELS
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour white vanilla wafers into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 1 minute on high and stir.
- Heat an additional 30 seconds at 60%, stir until no lumps are present.
- SPRINKLES METHOD: Spoon melted candy over pretzel rod, while candy is still wet add sprinkles and place on prepared cookie sheet to harden. TIP: To help the hardening process place pretzels in the refrigerator about 10 minutes.
- DRIZZLE METHOD: Spoon melted candy over pretzel rod. Place in the refrigerator to harden. Melt drizzle colors using above steps 2-4. Pour melted candy into a squeeze bottle or piping bag with the tip cut off. In a back and forth motion add one color at a time. After the last color is added and white the drizzled candy is still wet, add the sprinkles.