How to Make a Spice Cake Mix from a Yellow Cake Mix: Perfectly spicy and a great alternative to a spice cake mix. Short on time or can’t find a spice cake mix? Don’t worry, now you can transform a yellow cake mix into your beloved spice cake mix. With just the right amount of spice, your kitchen will be smelling like Fall in no time.
How to Make a Spice Cake from a Yellow Cake Mix
- ~SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE FULL RECIPE~
- To get that amazing spice flavor that you love from spice cake I started with a spice mix. The mix is made with all the main spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves). Click here for the recipe→THE ULTIMATE BAKING SPICE MIX.
- 2 Tablespoons of the spice mix was added, but because yellow cake has such a strong flavor I added more spices. You can either add more of the spice mix or the extra added spices (scroll down to see the spices)
- THAT’S IT! ALL YOU NEED ARE SOME SPICES AND YOU’RE SET! THE KEY IS HOW MUCH SPICE TO ADD.
WHAT CAKES CAN BE MADE WITH A SPICE CAKE?
- START with a spice cake mix as the base and turn your cake into something delicious with extra ingredients!
- APPLE SPICE DUMP CAKE-add apple pie filling, melted butter and chopped nuts
- PUMPKIN SPICE BUNDT CAKE– add pumpkin, oil, vanilla pudding, eggs, cinnamon, water and nuts
- PILGRIM PUMPKIN CAKE– add pumpkin, baking soda, eggs, water and nuts
- APPLE CIDER MAPLE SPICE CUPCAKES– add eggs and apple cider
- UPSIDE DOWN APPLE SPICE CAKE– add butter, light brown sugar, nuts and peeled apples
TIP: IF TIME WON’T ALLOW YOUR CAKE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE HAVING TO COVER IT….LAY PAPER TOWELS ON TOP OF THE CAKE TO ACT AS A PROTECTIVE SHIELD BETWEEN THE CAKE AND THE MOISTURE THAT WILL COLLECT ON THE FOIL, PLASTIC WRAP OR CONTAINER LID.