Chocolate Chip Coconut Oaties: A flat cookie filled with oats, coconut, mini chocolate chips and perfect for dipping. The mini chocolate chips allow for a little melty goodness in every single bite. These cookie dippers are just what your game night needs. Sturdy enough to be held with one hand and perfect for dipping. Scroll down for ideas of dip for these delicious Chocolate Chip Coconut Oaties.
ADD IN FLAVORS
- DRIED CRANBERRIES
- SMASHED BANANA
- CRUSHED PRETZELS
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- MINI (baking) M&M’s
HOW TO FREEZE CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT OATIES
DIPPING IDEAS (serve some of these ideas on the side with these delicious cookies)
- MILK (I had to add this one first…it’s the obvious choice)
- FROSTING (homemade of course)
- MELTED DARK CHOCOLATE
- MELTED WHITE CHOCOLATE
- MELTED CHOCOLATE OF YOUR CHOICE, DIPPED IN TOFFEE BITS AND CHOPPED NUTS
MORE RECIPES USING OATS
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT OATIES
- INGREDIENTS: NOT THE TYPICAL CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIE, PERFECT FOR THOSE THAT LOVE A GOOD CRISPY COOKIE
- BUTTER AND BROWN SUGAR: Cream together until light and fluffy
- LARGE EGG: Beat into the butter mixture
- FLOUR, OATS AND SALT: Whisk together and add to the creamed mixture
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND COCONUT: Stir into cookie dough
- Divide dough in half
- Shape each into a disk
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Roll each portion in a ¼ inch thickness
- Cut into 2¼ inch squares
MORE OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPES
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the buter and brosn sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture, beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, oats and salt.
- Gradually beat into the cream ed mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide dough in half (about 1 pound 3.6 ounces each.
- Shape into a disk, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a portion of dough to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2¼ inch square cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 19 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.