Vanilla Lime Puppy Chow: The perfect treat, snack or party favor. Even though this easy to make party mix has only a few ingredients, it is totally addictive and a must at any party. Puppy chow is a snack mix made of crunchy chex cereal, coated in melted vanilla lime melted candy and covered with powdered sugar and totally addictive!
Puppy Chow vs Muddy Buddies
How to Make Vanilla Lime Puppy Chow
- INGREDIENTS (scroll down for printable version)
- 6 ounce lime gelatin mix
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 8 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 pound container vanilla bark
- Optional: lime jelly bellies or jelly beans
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large zip top bag add the gelatin and confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix to combine and set aside.
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- Keep the candy in the tray it comes in and place in the microwave.
- Microwave 1 minute, stir and heat an additional minute.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and stir until cereal is completely coated.
- Dump into the bag with the confectioners’ sugar mixture, shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour onto the large foil covered pan until set.
- Store in a covered container up to 2 weeks.