When it comes to barbecue sauce there are an over flowing amount of recipes and flavors. For these Spicy Grilled Pork Sliders I chose to make my sauce. Sure, you can buy barbecue sauce. But when it takes less than half an hour to make your own, it’s worth the extra effort to get more fabulous flavor. Last time I made this sauce I tripled the recipe and froze two batches. HERE IS MY SAUCE RECIPE—->>>>SPICY TEXAS BARBECUE SAUCE. If you need to stay away from sugar I have the BEST sugar free barbecue sauce recipe! HERE IS MY SUGAR FREE SAUCE RECIPE—->>>>SUGAR FREE BARBECUE SAUCE.
Just like the professional barbecue people (on the grilling competition shows), the pork is dipped in a vinegar based sauce while barbecuing the meat. This adds not only flavor but juiciness to the pork. Add another flavor by baking the meat in the barbecue sauce topped with your favorite beer just before serving!
Spicy Grilled Pork Sliders
For the Barbecue Sauce
- 1 recipe Spicy Texas Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) beer (your choice, preferably the same as in the barbecue sauce)
For the Pork
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds bone-in thin-cut pork shoulder steaks or pork loin blade chops (scant 1/2 inch thick)
- 16 small hamburger style slider buns, split
For the Barbecue Sauce:
- Mix and heat sauce according to the recipe instructions.
For the Pork:
- Into a large wide pot add the water, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf and pepper sauce; cover.
- Bring to a boil on high; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes covered.
- Heat grill on high heat; grill pork 2 minutes on each side.
- With tongs, dunk pork in vinegar mixture; grill an additional 20 minutes, turning and dunking in vinegar mixture every 4 minutes.
NOTE: It's important that you don't start dunking the pork until it has cooked at least the 4 minutes. This allows you to safely continue dunking the pork into the sauce.
- Place pork chops in a large wide saucepan; pour barbecue sauce and the beer over the pork chops.
- Simmer, covered, over low heat 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until pork is fork tender and sauce is slightly reduced.
- Remove and discard bones; shred pork.
- Serve pork and sauce in buns.
MORE SLIDER RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER