Semi Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs: Surprisingly easy but equally delicious. These Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs can be served as an appetizer or dessert! A semi homemade dessert that will knock your guests socks off! No one will ever guess that this amazing dessert started with a can of biscuits! Pack them up for a delicious picnic dessert!
How to Make Semi Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs
- SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a biscuit into a 5-inch circle.
- Cut 7 (1½ inch) circles and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bring leftover dough together, roll to the same thickness as the previous rounds. Cut leftover dough to make for a total of rounds to 60.
- Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush on each biscuit and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking prepare the strawberries.
- Cut two ½ inch slices from each strawberry and use the leftovers for a salad.
- Keep the two slices stacked on themselves so you can use the same strawberry for one skewer. This way they fit together better.
- Once the biscuits are baked, transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before constructing the skewers.
- Then start layering; biscuit, strawberry, cool whip, do this twice ending with a third biscuit on top.
More Strawberry Shortcake Kebab Options
- SHORTCAKE (like Sara Lee)—Cut into squares the same size as your strawberries.
- STORE BOUGHT READY MADE SUGAR COOKE DOUGH—Slice dough into ¼inch slices, use a 1½ inch round cutter and bake.
- STRAWBERRY CAKE MIX COOKIE←RECIPE LINK—Adjust to 1 tablespoon of dough.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE—Once the kebabs are put together, add a drizzle of white chocolate over the entire kebab.
- MARSHMALLOWS—Instead of the shortcake or biscuits and whip cream, add large marshmallows (best if a dark chocolate drizzle is added).
- DARK CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE—Once the kebabs are put together, add a drizzle of white chocolate over the entire kebab OR dip some of the strawberries in the chocolate.
- GRILLED—This will have to be done without the whip cream. Soak bamboo skewers for a few minutes before adding the strawberries and biscuit rounds (using shortcake squares might work best for this technique, grill a few minutes or until grill marks appear.
- BROWNIE BITES—Instead of the shortcake squares, use brownie squares. Everyone love strawberries and chocolate!
- NILLA WAFERS—Instead of the biscuits use store bought cookies like nilla wafers.