The Ultimate Raspberry Mousse Filled Chocolate Cupcakes: Create these dreamy cupcakes for the sweetheart in your life! With layers and layers of surprises this cupcake is sure to be a winner. Whether it’s for that someone special or a fun Valentines Day Couples Party! I promise you…. this is a chocolate lovers dream cupcake!
The Cute Valentine’s Day Cupcake Picks
Make this cupcake recipe into a cake!
Combination of THREE recipes!
TIPS FOR MAKING A GOOD CUPCAKE BATTER
- Good ingredients equals great taste. To send your guests straight to cupcake heaven use only the best ingredients. Like real butter, real vanilla and dark dutch cocoa.
- Never over bake a cupcake. You can never save an over baked cupcake. You’re doing it right when your cupcakes look slightly sunken, rather than peaked. Test them with a toothpick if you’re unsure–if no batter clings to the pick, they’re done.
- Mix batter with a light hand. Baking fluffy, moist cupcakes is all about creating air bubbles in your batter that expand in the oven. If you over mix your batter, you collapse those bubbles. To avoid this mix on a low speed, stopping just as all ingredients blend.
- Let all ingredients come to room temperature before baking. All ingredients incorporate into batter mush more easily if they’re at similar temperatures.
- Baking in advance? Freeze cupcakes. If you’re baking to eat right away, we recommend storing cupcakes at room temperature. But if they’re for tomorrow, freezing will retain their moisture much better than leaving them on a counter overnight.
MORE CUPCAKE RECIPES
For the Cupcakes
- One recipe Devil's Food Cupcake (link below)
For the Mousse Filling
- One recipe Fresh Raspberry Mousse (link below)
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 7 (1 ounce) squares semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Raspberry Butter Frosting
- one recipe Raspberry Butter Frosting (link below)
For the Cupcakes:
Click here for the printable recipe---->>>>DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
For the Mousse Filling:
Click here for the printable recipe---->>>>FRESH RASPBERRY MOUSSE
For the Chocolate Ganache:
In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and cream. Heat 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until combined and glossy.
For the Raspberry Butter Frosting:
Click here for the printable recipe---->>>>EASY TO MAKE RASPBERRY BUTTER FROSTING
Put It All Together:
Cool cupcakes completely. Hollow out a portion of the center of each cupcake. I use a wide piping tip, you can also use a small round cookie cutter or pairing knife. Keep the hallowed out portion. Spoon mousse into a piping bag or zip to bag. Snip one corner and fill the hallow portion of the cupcake. Press the hallowed piece back into place. Let the ganache cook 3 minutes, dip the tops of the cupcakes in the ganache. Set aside to cool and harden. Add a wonderful swirl of Raspberry Butter Frosting.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g