Valentine’s Day Cut Out Cupcakes | These simple and easy to make cupcakes are perfect for a Valentine’s Day class party. I love making them for my sweetheart on our Anniversary. Instead of adding a big mound of frosting, fill them! These Cut Out Cupcakes are filled with a creamy marshmallow frosting and are perfect for the people in your life that love the cake more than frosting.
To fill the cupcakes all you need is a 1 1/2-inch heart shape cookie cutter. I love the unique look to these fun Valentine’s Day Party Cupcakes. There are two ways to make the cupcakes. Use a Devil’s Food cake mix or make them from scratch, using my Devil’s Food Cupcake Recipe. I was really in a pinch for time so I made these cupcakes using a cake mix! Like I always say “It’s all about the frosting” and this frosting certainly delivers. Starting with TWO containers of marshmallow creme!
Press the cookie cutter all the way in the cupcake until the top of the cookie cutter reaches the top of the cupcake.
Use a pointed knife to lift the cut out portion.
Fill the hollowed out area with the Marshmallow Frosting.
Do you have a Valentine’s Day tradition? Now that we are empty nesters we don’t have to worry about making arrangements for babysitting. Usually we spend the evening at home with a nice dinner and a sinfully delicious chocolate dessert. When the kid’s were younger but still able to be alone in the house (as long as we were home too behind closed doors). I would move the dinning room table to our room, decorate the table and room with tons of candles. It was our way of “getting away” without actually leaving the house. Next time you’re having problems finding a babysitter this is a great solution!
Valentine’s Day Cut Out Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Devil's Food Cake Mix including ingredients on the box for making cupcakes or one Devil's Food Cake recipe
For the Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoons clear vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 drop neon pink gel food color
For the Cupcakes:
- Bake according to package directions or recipe directions.
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the marshmallow creme and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Gradually ad the sugar; beat until combined.
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Use a 1 1/2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter; press into the center until the top of the cookie cutter is even with the cupcake.
- Pull out; use a pointed knife to lift the cake out.
- Fill the hollowed out cupcake with the marshmallow frosting.
- Add sprinkles.
MORE VALENTINE’S DAY CUPCAKE RECIPES