Almond Joy Brownie Bites | Give your taste buds a dose of joy with this dessert for Father’s Day! It’s super easy to make and tastes just like an Almond Joy Bar. I mean you can’t go wrong with the perfect combination of coconut, almonds and chocolate. Right?
Bake brownie bites….you can use your favorite brownie recipe or do like I did and use your favorite brownie mix ( I used Ghirardelli). I do have an important tip for you. Use or make brownies WITHOUT any chocolate chips. I have found that the little pockets of sugar will stick to the pan and make getting them out almost impossible.
Add a pile of the coconut mixture.
Press a whole almond into the center.
Dip frozen bites into melted chocolate.
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli) PLUS ingredients to be added from the box
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 dozen whole almonds ( enough for one per bite)
- chocolate candy melts or chocolate almond bark
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Generously spray mini muffins cups with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the brownie mix and ingredients to make brownies; stir until combined and creamy.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon of batter into prepared cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool completely.
- Pop out using pointed knife or I found it was a lot easier to use a toothpick.
- In a medium bowl stir to combine the coconut and condensed milk.
- Transfer bites to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mound and press 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture on top of each bite.
TIP: If coconut mixture is too sticky, dip fingertips into water it makes working with the mixture a lot easier.
- Press one whole almond down into the center of the coconut and into the brownie bite.
- Place in freezer 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a deep bowl.
- ONLY TAKE A FEW OUT OF THE FREEZER AT A TIME
- Dip the tops of the frozen bites into melted chocolate, tap to let excess drip off.
MORE BITE SIZE DESSERTS