Blueberry Lemon Cake Mix Quick Bread: This easy to make breakfast bread starts with a yellow cake mix and is transformed into a blueberry lemon dream cake. The perfect morning treat to serve to out of town guests or at a breakfast brunch. Simple and delicious!
How to Make Semi Homemade Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- YELLOW OR LEMON CAKE MIX: Not only offers flavor but already has the ingredients needed to help with the rising of the bread.
- LEMON PUDDING MIX: Adds flavor and makes the bread a little extra moist.
- LEMON LIME SODA: Give your bread a light airy texture.
- LEMON ZEST: Adds a pop of natural lemon flavor
- VEGETABLE OIL: Offers a moist quick bread.
- LARGE EGGS: Helps with the breads structure.
- BLUBERRIES: Fresh or Frozen will work.
- No special tools for this recipe.
- Simply add everything to a mixing bowl, mix until combined and pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake @ 350° for 47 minutes.
- Top with the lemon glaze
How to Transform this Recipe from Bread into Muffins
How to Freeze Quick Bread
Blueberry Lemon Cake Mix Quick Bread Additions
- NUTS: Add crunch and another layer of flavor with chopped nuts.
- CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE: Transform your blueberry lemon quick bread into a blueberry lemon cheesecake quick bread (recipe below).
- BASIC STREUSEL: Before baking…add streusel (recipe below). Add the lemon glaze over the baked streusel.
- COOKIE STREUSEL: Perfect for adding crunch a lot of flavor to your bread.
How to Make Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- Place cream cheese in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 30 seconds or until soft.
- To the same bowl, add the powdered sugar and water or milk.
- Stir until combined—drizzle should be loose and fall from the spoon.
How to Make Basic Streusel
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Mix it up to a crumby consistency (You can use your fingers for this) and sprinkle over the top of your bread.
How to Make Cookie Streusel
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup cookie crumbs (fine like flour)
- ½ cup cookie pieces
- Add cookies to a blender or food processor and blend until the cookies reach a flour like texture. Mix together with the butter, fold in cookie pieces. Sprinkle over the top of the bread.