Blueberry Lemon Cake Mix Quick Bread: This easy to make breakfast bread starts with a yellow cake mix and is transformed into a blueberry lemon dream cake. The perfect morning treat to serve to out of town guests or at a breakfast brunch. Simple and delicious!
How to Make Semi Homemade Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- YELLOW OR LEMON CAKE MIX: Not only offers flavor but already has the ingredients needed to help with the rising of the bread.
- LEMON PUDDING MIX: Adds flavor and makes the bread a little extra moist.
- LEMON LIME SODA: Give your bread a light airy texture.
- LEMON ZEST: Adds a pop of natural lemon flavor
- VEGETABLE OIL: Offers a moist quick bread.
- LARGE EGGS: Helps with the breads structure.
- BLUBERRIES: Fresh or Frozen will work.
- No special tools for this recipe.
- Simply add everything to a mixing bowl, mix until combined and pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake @ 350° for 47 minutes.
- Top with the lemon glaze
How to Transform this Recipe from Bread into Muffins
How to Freeze Quick Bread
Blueberry Lemon Cake Mix Quick Bread Additions
- NUTS: Add crunch and another layer of flavor with chopped nuts.
- CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE: Transform your blueberry lemon quick bread into a blueberry lemon cheesecake quick bread (recipe below).
- BASIC STREUSEL: Before baking…add streusel (recipe below). Add the lemon glaze over the baked streusel.
- COOKIE STREUSEL: Perfect for adding crunch a lot of flavor to your bread.
How to Make Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- Place cream cheese in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 30 seconds or until soft.
- To the same bowl, add the powdered sugar and water or milk.
- Stir until combined—drizzle should be loose and fall from the spoon.
How to Make Basic Streusel
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Mix it up to a crumby consistency (You can use your fingers for this) and sprinkle over the top of your bread.
How to Make Cookie Streusel
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup cookie crumbs (fine like flour)
- ½ cup cookie pieces
- Add cookies to a blender or food processor and blend until the cookies reach a flour like texture. Mix together with the butter, fold in cookie pieces. Sprinkle over the top of the bread.
CAKE MIX QUICK BREAD RECIPES
MORE BREAKFAST BREAD RECIPES
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
NEWSLETTER: Receive (twice a month) seasonally themed newsletters full of recipes, tips and tricks. Sometimes even FREE gifts! ETSY SHOP: Did you know that Lady Behind the Curtain has an Etsy Shop? LADY BEHIND THE PARTY is a shop full of DOWNLOADABLE hand designed (by me) party supplies. Click here for the Newsletter→CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER Click here for the Esty Shop→LADY BEHIND THE PARTY
THANKS FOR VISITING♥