Cool down with this refreshing summer blueberry tea made with fresh blueberries!
For the Blueberries
- 1 pound container of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar**
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Tea
- 2 quarts water, divided
- 5 black tea bags (I used Lipton)
- 2/3 cup sugar**
For the Blueberries:
- Place the blueberries, sugar and water into a blender and blend until liquefied.
- Set aside.
For the Tea:
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Take off heat.
- Add tea bags and cover for 1 hour.
- Add sugar to the pitcher and pour hot tea over to melt sugar.
- Stir until sugar is melted and combined.
- Add remaining 1 quart of water and stir.
- You have three options for the blueberry mixture.
- You can either add the blueberries with the pulp (warning it is chewy), strain the blueberries before adding them to the tea or for added flavor add the blueberries with the pulp to sit over night and strain when ready to serve.
This is a LBC original! **I used Splenda in place of the sugar.