CARAMEL PUMPKIN FUDGE: This fudge has a uniquely wonderful base starting with the salty crunch of saltines covered with a sweet creamy caramel and then topped with a delicious taste of pumpkin pie fudge. TWO LAYERS OF CANDY DELIGHT!
If you’ve ever had Christmas Crack (and if you haven’t I highly recommend it) you will be familiar with the cracker toffee base. This Caramel Pumpkin Fudge starts with salty crunchy crackers and is topped with a butter, brown sugar and condensed milk mixture. Just those ingredients alone sound amazing! Now let’s add the pumpkin pie fudge.
Sister Fudge Recipe-PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE FUDGE
How to Make Caramel Pumpkin Fudge
- INGREDEINTS FOR THE CRUST AND FILLING: (scroll down for full printable recipe)
- 16 saltine crackers
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- INGREDEINTS FOR THE PUMPKIN FUDGE:
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups marshmallow cream
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE CRUST AND FILLING:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with non stick foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange saltines in a even layer on the bottom of the baking dish overlapping some to anchor down the crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium-high heat
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT AND STIR IN THE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside and make fudge topping.
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE PUMPKIN FUDGE:
- In a medium saucepan combine the white chocolate chips, butter, salt and condensed milk; heat until melted and smooth.
- Add the pudding mix and stir until the mix dissolves.
- Add the marshmallow; stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour hot fudge over filling. Smooth using an off set spatula.
- Sprinkle on leaf sprinkles, press down with the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into small squares.
- Store at room temperature.