Clay Pot Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins: These fun flower pot cornbread muffins are easy to make and super delicious. Perfect for a summer barbecue or a chili cook off.
Semi Homemade Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
How to Make Clay Pot Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Make sure the terra cotta pots are well seasoned (click here to find out how→HOW TO BAKE IN A CLAY FLOWER POT
- In a small bowl add the muffin mix, ingredients listed on the box (I used Jiffy), shredded cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers.
- Spoon batter into prepared pots and bake 16 minutes.
How to Season and Prepare a Terra Cotta Pot for Baking
How to Warm Cold Cornbread Muffins in Clay Pots
- Place COLD pots in a COLD oven, turn the temperature to 400°. Once the oven reaches 400°, turn the oven off and remove the pots.
- THE POTS WILL STAY HOT/WARM UP TO 20-30 MINUTES!
Can I Bake in Clay Pots the Day Before?
How to Clean Baked Bits Off of Terra Cotta Pots
- Soak in warm water a few minutes to loosen any bits of food.
- To remove stubborn food items, use hot water without detergent and a gently abrasive pad
- TO REMOVE ODOR: Fill with enough warm water to cover pots add 2 tablespoons baking soda. Soak clean pots a few minutes.
HOW TO SEAL THE BOTTOM HOLE
MORE IDEAS FOR TERRA COTTA FLOWER POTS
- BREADS—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Let the dough rise as normal (in a bowl) Divide dough into small portions for dinner rolls, and place in seasoned small pots to rise again and bake.
- MUFFINS—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Any flavor of muffin would work. Spoon enough batter to fill each pot 2/3 and bake. A charming touch for a ladies brunch.
- CUPCAKES—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Any flavor would work. Spoon enough batter to fill each pot 2/3 and bake. Use piping tip #233 (the grass tip) for the frosting and place an artificial flower in the center. Fun for any Spring party.
- MOUSSE—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Fill with your favorite mousse recipe. It can be layers of different flavors. Top with chocolate cookie crumbles.
- PUDDING—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Create your own dirt dessert with pudding, crushed Oreos and gummy worms!
- ICE CREAM—Use a piece of parchment paper to cover the hole. Instead of ice cream cones or a bowl, serve ice cream in small clay pots or use a large one and make it a mega ice cream Sunday with lots of different toppings. Like a cupcake or slice of cake, lollipops, ice cream pops, cookies etc.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES FOR TERRA COTTA POTS
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥